Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Patry Poker?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aviewoflife

aviewoflife

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:40 PM

I keep having an Internet shortcut pop up on my desktop called "Party Poker" I delete it a few hours later, woop there it is..... how can i get rid of it for good? i got it downloading Linksys firmware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

aviewoflife.. pop ups are usually a sign of adware or viruses. Maybe you would benefit from having your HjT log analyzed. HijackThis is an application that examines your running and startup processes. If there is something bad that is running on your computer HjT will most likely show it. Here is a tutorial for HijackThis.

HijackThis Tutorial

Here is a link that explains how to post a log to be analyzed.
How To Submit A HijackThis Log

It is important to note that you should never use HijackThis to fix anything unless you undertand what you are looking at. It is best to let an expert tell you what to do. Also, if you post a log it could take some time for it to be answered. The HijackThis team are all volunteers and they are pretty quick.. but it can take time. Please do not bump or make a reply to your log before a team member has replied. When the team looks for logs to fix they look for zero replies. If you reply it will look like someone is all ready helping you and you cold get lost in the shuffle.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

hi i have a problem with party poker pop ups and found this question posted by aviewtolife on 6th june 2005, i have bullguard 9 has my paid for premium security and superantispy/ malware bytes for weekly scans also,other than tracking cookies {30-100} found by sas no problems are reported but chrome is slower to activate and the blasted pp popup is increasing, so where does pp originate from and how do i tackle it. many thanks
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi, I need to ask is MBAM also fully updated and showing nothing.

Run an Online scan...
ESET
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Export to text file... to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Eset Smart Installer icon on your desktop.
  • Check the "YES, I accept the Terms of Use"
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push "List of found threats"
  • Push "Export to text file", and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the "<<Back" button.
  • Push Finish
In your next reply, please include the following:
  • Eset Scan Log

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

hi boopme i did has you asked and installed ESET it ran for quite a while then came back with nothing found, as for up dates, i update both sas and malware bytes every time before use, it is only sas that finds anything and they are only tracking cookies.bullguard also finds no threats on a twice weekly scan and automatic updates hourly, so where does this pp pop up originate? many thanks for your reply and interest in my problem and i hope that it will help any other viewers of this thread
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

It appears to me that you downloaded the Linksys firmware from an improper site and the download contains a rootkit.
To clean you up we need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users