Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the virus behind 20090113_152055 ?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Thunder

Marcus Thunder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

20090113_152055 is the DVD tittle for the manipulated release of reloaded ISO of the game and i unfortunately downloaded it and installed it :thumbsup: , however it gave me an error cabinet file crc error.......u know these errors and rolling back of installation took place.
This was okay till i read that the 20090113_152055 ISO gives you a virus While you are installing it . Well i have eset running perfectly and didn't warn me or had any response which is somehow scary......If that virus was that intelligent that it is undetectable by an updated antivirus
Does that mean that i am writing these words while i have a virus................. :flowers:
this has let me to write this just to see ur reactions of whether am i busted or shall i just ignore it
i tried searching for the virus that 20090113_152055 installs but i had no success
so ur help is much appreciated and yes i could have better downloaded it from nvidia's link

Till now there is no problem. Nothing is wrong with my computer , it just runs normally as before and nothing is changed.

Comodo firewall shows no inbound connections just as it used to be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

One of the forum rule says

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

When you are downloading pirated games and softwares, viruses and malware are the risks.

#3 Marcus Thunder

Marcus Thunder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

One of the forum rule says

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

When you are downloading pirated games and softwares, viruses and malware are the risks.

Cmon I am just talking about the prescence of a virus in one of the downloads....I am not encouraging piracy nor providing a download link. It also differs from one person to the other and from one country to the other. Some people use piracy to preview the full product to make sure that they are giving money to whom who deserve it ,piracy is also one of the means to access material which may banned in some countries or not avaliable....it may also be very expensive in one country due to country exchange rates
We can't stop piracy....and as I said piracy has many advantages and a very common channel which people use thus it can be a gate for spreading risks and rootkits......so why not talk about it

If we r talking about weed , doesn't mean that we encourage sell or use it.

IN ADDITION the nvidia's link for burnout paradise is 100% official and legal , it is somewhat a full demo.

thx

Edited by Marcus Thunder, 27 February 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

If you are downloading from questionable sources it is a wise practise to do a virus scan on the download before using it.

If you are downloading programs that include a key generator ,crack, or is "precracked" [AKA "reloaded"] those are often recognized as viruses or malware.

People that do something wrong can always find a way to justify their actions to themself but that still doesn't make it right.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

i dont think no one cares lol
lke fairjoeblue said there often recognized as viruses or malware but most time there not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users