Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Installation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

I've just installed an ATI All In Wonder Powered By Radeon X1300 graphics card. It installed fine and it's working OK, however I still get the Found New Hardware Wizard appearing every time I start Windows XP Pro.

If I go to Device Manager, there are two entries under other devices that have the yellow question mark icon with the exclamation mark on top. They are "Other PCI Bridge Device" and "SM Bus Controller".

Does anyone know what might be wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Install the motherboard/chipset drivers.

Edited by dpunisher, 27 February 2009 - 01:47 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

Both of those should have been installed with the chipset drivers, IMO.

The SMBus Controller (or system bus controller) is part of the Intel chipset. It monitors your system board's temperature and voltage. Programs that read your hardware sensors need the controller.

The software to install it should have come with your motherboard. Contact your supplier or its web site for the software. If necessary, you might locate a generic smbus controller driver on the Intel.com site.

Link on PCI bridge device: http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/arc...hp/t-70813.html

System or motherboard manufacturer and model?

If you have the drivers CD, I would just try to add the drivers from that CD (letting it search the CD for them), using Device Manager.

Louis

#4 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, I've renistalled the drivers from my motherboard's CD and now everything's fine. I think the problem was that I was uninstalling the Nvidia drivers from my old graphics card and uninstalled the ones for the motherboard as well, which were also Nvidia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users