Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle bin folder view settings auto reset after about 30 mins.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrgv255

mrgv255

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

I want to have my recycle bin in "Details" view, sorted by date descending. I can set it fine but then 15-30 mins later when I open the recycle bin again, it has gone back to the regular, alphabetic list view. This automatic change of view doesn't happen for a little while since I can change the view, close the recycle bin, open it again and see that all is apparently well. I then leave it alone but some time later (hour+) when I open the recycle bin again, the view has reset again.
I am using XpSP3, I am the machine admin, I have run avira antivir and spybot with no success. Not sure if this is related, but I can't change my DEP (data execution prevention) settings either. I can open the DEP window (system > advanced > performance settings > DEP) and change things on it, but when I re-open it immediately, none of the changes have been saved/retained. The DEP program exceptions list just goes back to how it was, ignoring all my changes.
Thank you for trying to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users