Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nana0710

nana0710

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

how do i change my default email from outlook express to yahoo : :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

I am not quite sure what you want to do. Outlook Express is a mail client that allows you to dowload your Email to your computer and read it there, using a POP Email setting. If you only have OE on your computer, it will be the default Email POP application.
Yahoo, in it's various flavours, is an Email provider, as well as in some cases, an ISP. Normal Yahoo Email accounts are readable only on the web unless you pay a nominal fee.
Redirecting Email from one service to another is possible in many cases, if that is what you want to do.
Please provide a concrete example of precisely what you want to change and I am sure we can help you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nana0710

nana0710
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:26 PM

ok 1st thank you for replying! im a admin in a spades league and on our league page there are links to email different people and every time i click on these links it takes me to outlook express which on my computer doesn't work for what ever reason but what i want to do is change that instead of taking me to outlook express i want to go to yahoo can you help me change it

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:24 PM

This seems to be a problem with some kind of default on your league page or the Email settings THERE. I suggest you browse there to see if you can find some member settings, etc., that you can change, or ask for help from some other member of the league. In the meantime, you could always cut and paste addresses into your Yahoo Email Address book, and bypass the problem entirely.
Hope this helps SOME,
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

I think you have to buy the premium version of Yahoo Mail for Outlook or Outlook Express to be functional with it.

Otherwise you have to use Yahoo's webmail.

#6 madestmax

madestmax

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:54 AM

If out look doesn't work. It's because it wasn't set up right to begin with. The first time you use it you go thru a wizard to set up an account. If you'r using any email account other then hotmail which is a pop mail account. then you have to specify what type it is. And you have to find that out from you'r email provider. Go to you email provider and they should be able to help you restore outlook to work for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users