Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gps

gps

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

Hey all, this is a two part question....small glitch but

1.Windows Installer pops up when I click on emails from a couple of senders. In this case, for FrontPage2000. I can click cancel and it goes away. I tried a patch from Microsoft that someone sent, however it did not work. Any suggestions?

2. When starting Outlook, I log in with user ID and pass......then, it pops back up requiring me to enter it a second time. After that, I get in. WT?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Try this:

Open Outlook. Resize its window so that you can see a part of your desktop.
Open one of the folders. In the right pane highlight one of the emails with the mouse (don't open it), hold it and drag it to an empty space on your desktop. You see a copy of that email on your desktop.
Right-click it and select Properties > press Change. From the list select Outlook and click OK then Apply and OK.
Now go to Outlook and try to open an email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users