Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help ive been attacked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kendos

kendos

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

hi i hope someone can help, whilst on the net i got 2 warnings of my macfee antivirus about a trojan it said it cleaned/removed them i carried on the net fine. i turned my comp of and the next day i tried turning it on, when i tried to log in it began logging in then within 2 seconds come up saying logging off and saving ur settings, i have tried logging in on the other users and get the same ive even gone in on safe mode and it does exactly the same can anybody help as its driving me mad, my last resort is to format but i have a lot of files on there i wish to keep.
thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Do you have a retail Windows CD? You could try a repair install
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kendos

kendos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

hi thanks for getting back, i do have a original cd and have put it in but it loaded some stuff and left me with a command promt but i dont know what todo after that

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

When you said you tried Safemode, was the option there that said "Start Windows with last known good configuration" and did you try that?
If you have XP you can try this:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204418/how-to-perform-system-restore-for-unbootable-xp-machines/

When I said a Windows CD I mean an actual CD, not one from a Dell, HP, or other retail machine. You can do a repair install that is suppose to leave everything intact. To do this you need to set the CD drive as your first boot device in the BIOS
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 kendos

kendos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

hi there,when i tried safe mode i also tried last known config to no avail.i have installed another hard drive and looked into my problem hard drive (i scanned it etc and it came back clean) when i looked at my users that were on the old hard drive it shows my folders completely empty yet other users still have there files etc.i downloaded sytem restore tool from microsoft copied the erd50.iso file and set it so it runs but it doesnt bring up what it should it brings up caldera dr dos 7.03 and ends up with a command promt [DR-DOS] A:\>
I dont know if u can still help but the files i seem to have lost were important is there anyway i can get them back, once again thankyou for trying to help me
ken.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

Which operating system are we talking about?
Instead of trying the system restore tool from Microsoft, I'd use this disk:
http://www.ubcd4win.com/contents.htm
Besides some file tools, it has a few malware tools you can run

Edited by garmanma, 01 March 2009 - 07:17 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users