Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overwhelming amount of files 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shortmantuff

shortmantuff

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

Okay, so my last topic was closed because you guys were just telling me about cleaning up my computer. That's great and all, but it did NOT help significantly. I used ATF Cleaner before the scan and these were the reults:
Targets checked: 1,017,000
Time: 4 hours, 40 min

When I first got this computer (1.5 years ago, it would check 150,000 targets and take a little less than 2 hours to run)

Any suggestions about why this might be happening?

PS Please don't tell me about Cleaners. That's why my last topic got closed.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shortmantuff

shortmantuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

Anyone have a suggestion?

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

Can you explain a bit of what you're asking? Are you asking why there's so many files and such being scanned on your computer or why it's taking so long?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 shortmantuff

shortmantuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

That, and if anyone has any ideas of why I have so many? I use ATF Cleaner so the little junk files aren't what's causing it. I'm just wondering if there is a bigger problem I have on my hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users