METHOD #1: Disable Pre-loaded Toolbar Extensions:
- a) In IE, click on Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, and scroll down to the 'Browsing' section.
Uncheck the box next to "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)"> 'OK'.
This will disable all IE extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects (BHO's)- some of which you
might want to keep. You can re-enable the wanted ones later.
- c) Close all instances of IE, then restart it.
- d) See if you can now reset your homepage to the URL of choice, using the standard method.
- e) If you can, and the Homepage you want 'sticks' after subsequent restarts, then one of the IE extensions that you disabled is responsible. To determine which one, you will have to disable
them selectively, one by one, til you find the guilty party.
- f) To selectively disable extensions, first re-enable all by reversing step
above. Close/restart IE.
Click on Tools>Manage Add-ons. Hi-lite a selection to enable/disable it using the radio buttons at
the bottom. It likely will contain one or more of the following terms (or similar):
- g) Close/restart IE. Check if your Homepage is still locked.
- h) When you find the culprit, just leave it disabled.http://naut.homestead.com/files/locked/locked.html#Pre-set