Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard and mouse do not work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nixgod

nixgod

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

Not sure if this should go here or external forum. I think it is a motherboard issue.

I was trying to make a computer that i could install osx on. I i had gotten through the install but then had other issues. I put my old hdd back in with my windows install on and booted up. Now for some reason the mouse and keyboard are not working correctly. the mouse does not work at all. It the optical light lights up but it will not move. tried another mouse and still did not work. then i tried a usb mouse and it will not even light up then. it is like the ports are disabled but i can not find that option to enable them. the keyboard is weird in that it seems to work ok with in windows i can tab around and select things and open them. but when in the bios i can move around i can change the setting but i can not save them. when i hit F10 to save the save box comes up but the the enter key does not work. i can change the option to y or n but then can't accept it. the only way out then is to power off. I tried the clear the cmos using the jumper but that di not work. this one really has me stumped.

thanks for any help

QDI 845PE motherboard. ich4 chipset
Radeon 7500
512 ram
Maxtor 40gig HDD
Intel Celeron 2.53Ghz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

Off the top of my head, try clearing the CMOS to restore default settings
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

i tried to clear it with the jumper. do you think taking the cmos battery out would work better

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Same thing, no difference Sorry I skipped over you saying you already did that
I have no knowledge of OSX at all. How did you do this? Take a drive with OSX on it and use that and now you're putting the drive with Windows on it back in?
I'm just wondering if you somehow corrupted the BIOS
Wait an see what others have to suggest
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

i took a my drive out that had xp on it and put a blank drive in then tried to install osx on it. it is a fun project to try. I am going to try and find a bios for the board and flash it

#6 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

tried to flash the bios and got a write fail on that. did try something else though. I booted up with a ubuntu live cd and the keyboard and usb mouse worked fine. but still do not work in windows

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Will it operate in Safemode?
Mark
Posted Image

#8 nixgod

nixgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

thanks for the help but sfe maode did not work either. i think this will turn in to another ubuntu computer instead now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users