Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another google redirect problem and possibly something linked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 topazolite

topazolite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

hey there :thumbsup:

These seem to be quite popular!

I thought I vanquished this bugger a couple weeks ago. I used to get search results like this:
Normal website link..
Normal website text..
monstermarketplace.com, random search/find it site redirect link.

I ran a few scans and it disappeared, now it has reappeared in the fashion of making the link look fine all around but just redirecting me to the site, for example searching for "jobs" clicking on one of the results and getting one of those "make millions at home" ad sites. In the title bar there is commonly "Jump" with an unwanted website. It is not possible to go back to the original google search. Since it has reappeared I have run SuperAntiSpyware in normal mode, it removed a rootkit TDSSERV-Trace and some tracking cookies. I plan to run superantispyware and malwarebytes in normal and safe mode later on.

Since I've been having the redirect issue again I've had a problem with winamp erroring out whenever I start it. I can play songs with no issue but I have an application error -- "The instruction at '0x10251db5' referenced memory at '0x00000001'. The memory could not be 'read'." if I do nothing with this window it does not affect the stability of the program. I may just have to update winamp but I honestly have no idea what this error means whatsoever!

I'm pretty worried that this is linked to the redirect issue and it will evolve into something else or that that's something else completely different. I have no idea how I got this in the first place since this is primarily a gaming computer and I visit VERY few websites, definitely nothing too dodgy.

thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

Update MBAM and run a quick scan in normal mode and post thst log

Download atf cleaner

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Run it before running MBAM

After MBAM finished removing anything please run SAS from safe mode
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users