Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse Generic 12.BUXN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kymystry

kymystry

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:21 AM

I run AVG Free every day and yesterday (after months of trouble free scanning) it picked up 5 Trojan horse Generic 12.BUXN infections, all sitting in Musicmatch files. It healed and moved them to the Virus Vault.

Firstly, I have Googled this Trojan to see what its nature is but my searches don't give any results for that specific name, there are other ThG 12. infections but with different extensions. Does anyone know anything about this one with the extension .BUXN?

Secondly, is it enough that it is - according to AVG - healed and in the Virus Vault or should I take further steps to remove it? If so how?

cheers in advance for any help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

The virus vault is like a holding cell. As long as your computer runs OK with no issues for a while then it's OK to delete them
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kymystry

kymystry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for that, I'm never sure if I should remove them or not or if there still might be traces of them lurking in my system somewhere.

I can't believe it can be that easy to isolate and remove them. :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Just let us know if anything acts strange and we can run some scans
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users