Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system recovery loop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 efrx

efrx

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

i had a virus, so i was advised to do a system recovery since it was to hard to remove it. i did system recovery by pressing f10 when the computers started. i don't have a cd. the system recovery progress went well when it ended it ask me to restart the computer or turn off. i chose turn off, but when i tried to turn it on it created a restart loop. windows doesn't load the computers restarts itself after a little while after i turn it on. any help would be good. thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 kendos

kendos

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

hi there i dont know if u can help but i got 2 warnings of my antivirus about a trojan it said it cleaned it but since i turned the computer off, when i try to turn on it comes on and when i goto log in it starts logging in but then comes up logging off. i have tried going into my comp on safe mode but even in that mode when i try to log on it does the same can you help. im running on windows xp with service pack 3
cheers[post="me"]help trojan attack[/post]

#4 efrx

efrx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

its a HP Pavillion a1540n

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

I suggest following the procedure contained for recovery/restoration that is explained/outlined in your owner's manual.

I don't see any clearcut guidance for your system, other than the fact that it contains "recovery software."

FWIW: After making changes to the system, it's generally wise to reboot the system to let those changes take place in the registry and files.

To break the reboot cycle...I'd try going into the BIOS and setting up the default settings...and saving those (F10) and allowing the system to reboot.

Louis

#6 efrx

efrx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

thank for your help
the problem is solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic