Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lots of virus/ Moved

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lj4207

lj4207

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

i came to check this computer out it had xp antivirus 2009 i knew this from all the pop ufs fake scans normal mode still worked just with a bunch of pop ups i did scans with superantispyware and avira antivirus both found some stuff. when i rebooted to normal mode it became so slow it is not capable of doing anything safe mode with networkning works pretty well so i downloaded malwarebytesand it found rogue antivirus programs and then rbooted it helped normal mode some but still too slow and hangs up i come back a few weeks later and scanned with malwarebytes again and it had registry defender rogue program on it so i dont know what to do i would like to fix without reformating/installing windows as i have no disc any help is appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

As no logs are posted, I am moving this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Please post your Malwarebytes log and we can go from there. Thanks :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 lj4207

lj4207
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

ill post a new one would you like the old ones?

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

New one will be fine

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 lj4207

lj4207
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

here is a new on it is in owner not administrator does that matter?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1815
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

2009-03-03 09:05:49 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-03 (21-05-49).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 103069
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#7 lj4207

lj4207
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

update i used msconfig and put in normal startup mode and uninstalled avira and normal mode now works descent will now to a full scan with mbam and post log im sure it is still infected

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

I would bet you are still infected as well. I also see your version of XP is listed as SP1. After everything is cleaned, I recommend updating to give you greater protection.

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users