Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applause for BleepingComputer and it's admins

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 torisanta

torisanta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

I found this site via google while trying to figure out how to solve a virus/malware problem that symantic and spy bot just wasn't getting their paws around. I spent about ten minutes perusing the boards and searching around the various tabs at the top, and was able to solve my problem. My computer is back to normal, and even with out me ever asking a single question, it's thanks to you guys.

Your site is easily navigated, clean, simple, and friendly. I have you at the top of my favorites list, and though I may never have to speak up to ask something (because from what I've seen, the answers already here somewhere) I know that I can if I need to.

Thanks,

Tori

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Thank you very much.

It is words like these that make it all worthwhile.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

Welcome aboard the BC.

Peruse and search our forums here.

There is a wealth of knowledge here changing daily.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 waltsand

waltsand

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Not so sure.
I've had trouble finding what I need to speed up my computer.
When I found "FREE" Regcure, it ran for about 45 minutes, then told me I had to buy it for $29.95 to fix all the problems it found.
Sounds like 'bait and switch.'
Certainly a waste of my time this morning.

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Uh, waltsand -

I don't see Regcure listed in the recommended free programs h e r e, unless I missed it.

Where did you see a recommendation for it on the board?

Just wondering.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Possibly from an advertisement?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Possibly from an advertisement?

Advertisements are controlled via Google not from Bleeping Computer so it is possible that it has been seen there.

Waltsand
Registered members do not see these advertisements when logged in and should use the list posted above for recommended tools/programs.
We certainly don't charge for use of any programs we recommend and most of them are completely free.

Also you can ask questions in the forums anytime.

Edited by E-Mu, 05 March 2009 - 10:58 AM.

~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

waltsand,

I see you have been a member of Bleeping Computer since 6 August 05. I am sure that in the years you have been a member. You have seen the staff here at Bleeping Computer more than once state we do not support, or endorse any form of registry cleaner or optimizer. I do not know where you got that information regarding 'Free' Regcure. But you didn't ask on the forums about it, before employing the use of it. We would have freely given you our assessment and saved you the trouble.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

The Staff and Moderators here are fabulous. You guys always recommend some really productive protection measures, and you all are very friendly. I am really honored to be part of this community.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#10 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

It is what makes running a forum feel so good, but even better when you get to experience it full force as a member. Bleeping Computer is great and unlike any other! :thumbsup:

#11 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

I have been here for a few years and the members hear that work for B/C to best of my knowledge never suggest using any program to clean/adjust/check or do any thing with the operating system registries. I fact most of the time they tell you that it's not recommended. Weather the program is free or it has a price.

#12 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

I have been here for a few years and the members hear that work for B/C to best of my knowledge never suggest using any program to clean/adjust/check or do any thing with the operating system registries. I fact most of the time they tell you that it's not recommended. Weather the program is free or it has a price.

They never have suggested, and they never will recommend it. Registry= Brain power of your Computer.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#13 ransompendragon

ransompendragon

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

:thumbsup:

Greetings,

I would like to bring this thread back on topic, as I was looking for a "thank you" thread. Yes, I came here to get help removing malware but it has been very interesting to read and learn and there is so much information that I have barely scratched the surface of this place.

Currently I would give a shout out to Suebaby41 (who is helping me), Teacup61 and Orange Blossom.

I also enjoy reading Buckeye Sam's posts in the HJT thread. Grinler has the awesome name and avatar. All the staff AND the members too make this a really wonderful site.

So Thank You!

Ransom Pendragon

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 April 2009 - 07:03 PM.
Fixed code tags. ~ OB

~ XFX 780i SLI ~ Intel E8500 Stock ~ 2 X 2 GB OCZ Reaper Stock ~ EVGA 8800GT SC 512 MB Stock ~ Creative X-Fi Platinum ~ Corsair 750w PSU ~ LianLi PC7h+ Case ~ WD Raptor 150 GB HD ~ Seagate Baracuda 250 GB HD ~ Logitech z5500 Speakers ~ Viewsonic vx922 ~ Razer Diamondback Mouse ~ Saitek Gamer's Keyboard ~

Laptop 1 : Toshiba Satellite Pro <- CLEAN - THANKS BC! ~ Laptop 2: Eee 701 4G ~ Laptop3: Eee 1000 HE

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

You're welcome Ransom Pendragon. :thumbsup: There's a lot to learn here as I keep finding out every day.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#15 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

I also would like to add my thanks and appreciation to all involved in BC.

I was an active member of the Dell CF for many years. After their recent change to their login procedure and complete reconfiguration of their forum board (making it virtually impossible to find anything), many of their long-time posters no longer were active. I found BC when the DCF was radically altered.

I have become addicted to BC. Since I teach high school computer software classes, I always have to keep current on software trends. I learn so much from the wise people that post here. This board is very organized, easy to navigate, and the members are always helpful and friendly. I have BC marked as a favorite on all of my students' computers in my classroom and have encouraged my students to register here (several of my advanced students have). BC is a learning tool for us. We visit regularly.

A special thanks from me goes to groovicus, as he has shown me some incredible free resources that are available for my students. I never would have known about these if he had not alerted me to their availability.

Kudos to all. You're helping me and my students in more ways than you can imagine :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users