Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd drive installation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mav253

mav253

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hi, i bought a new dvd burner its called "HP DVD Writer dvd400i", i only got the hardware drive by itself with nothing else (no installation cd). I wanted to know if any of you have the installation cd or know where i cant find the drive to install it. I went to there website http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...59499〈=en to try and download it but no luck you must pay $10 for installation cd to be mailed to house, the only things you can download is the updates for the software.

Do i really need to use the installation disk for it to install and work?

Edited by mav253, 26 February 2009 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi mav253,
I doubted you....and I was wrong. I searched on the site and your right! No pay...no drivers. Where did you buy this burner? It should have had the installation cd included! I suppose the reason it's not free is that it is bundled with all sorts of other stuff.

Have you tried to connect it? It might perform just fine without the installation cd. I would give it a try.

Otherwise I would call the store you bought it from and have them provide you with the drivers or call HP and explain your dilemma.....but don't hold your breath.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

That drive should be a plug and play device and should be able to operate with native drivers.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

Any DVD or CD drive...should use the generic Microsoft drivers for install.

It's been years since optical drives required their own drivers...in my experience.

Louis

#5 mav253

mav253
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for all your help, i bought this drive on ebay and i am waiting on it to arive. i asked this question because i did not know if i needed the installation cd or not, it comes by itself with nothing else.

i will try and connect it to see if it works when i get it.

Thanks Again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users