Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best and Cheap Laptop to buy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rajkumar_b3

rajkumar_b3

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hi friends, I dont know if i am supposed to post such a topic over here, I am a new member to BC. I want some suggestion in getting a laptop with good configuration and which is below 35K, any suggestions please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

Let me start by saying I'm NOT trying to be a smat alec.

You need to be a little clearer about what you have to spend !
I'm in the US .
35K to me is $35,000. ! [would buy one heck of a laptop]

If you ment $3,500. that would srtill buy a high end unit !
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 rajkumar_b3

rajkumar_b3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Oh sorry I am in India and i wanted the laptop which is below 35,000 Rupees, Indian currency. By the way which company laptop would u suggest to me

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

What laptops yo choose from would depend a lot on what you intend to use it for.
For webserfing, email, movies, music, general use a decent unit will do.
If you're looking for something that will play the newer games fairly well that will take a little better laptop

BTW, From using a google currancy coverter that is $796. USD .
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

$800 will buy a decent PC. Unfortunately, few on BC are familiar with Indian computer stores. However, we can suggest laptop models but know that not all models are available in every territory.

Here are some configuration suggestions. You cannot purchase from Newegg since you are in India, however it can help you see what is available.
Acer Aspire AS6930-6942 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 - It has plenty of RAM, a decent CPU, and a large screen for within your budget.
SONY VAIO NS Series VGN-NS255J/L - This is also a good laptop with similar specifications to the previous one, only with a slightly smaller screen.

General suggestions:
At least a dual core processor, try to stay away from Turion and Centrino processors as they are often underpowered. The CPU should have a speed, for a laptop, of at least 2GHz. As for RAM, 2GB is suggested, but if you can afford to purchase more, go for it. If you are into video games, a laptop is not an ideal solution given the low-powered options in video cards. If you are a general user who isn't going to be gaming, you don't have to worry too much about the video card.

3939.png

#6 rajkumar_b3

rajkumar_b3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Thanks guys for the information provided, I am actually intending to use it only for web surfing and practising some softwares but not for games, and what is ur opinion about core 2 duo and also how about Dell laptops??? are they good to go with

Edited by rajkumar_b3, 27 February 2009 - 04:07 AM.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Dell is fine for laptops since most users cannot build notebook PC's themselves. Core 2 Duo is a very good choice for a laptop, just try to keep the speed above 2Ghz. or so. When you order the laptop, try and get at least 2GB of RAM in it.

3939.png

#8 rajkumar_b3

rajkumar_b3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

Ok I'll go with the configurations that u have told me, Thank You DJBPace07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users