Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

perfect defender 2009 removal HELP PLEASE !

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jgmc2654

jgmc2654

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

This is my first time on this site and I am not very computer savvy.Oh and I type about 5 wpm! My problem is that somehow Perfect Defender 2009 has appeared on my home pc and when I try to log on using internet explorer it redirects me to register-defender. If I try to type in another site it says page not available. I ran AVG ck says ok. Iv'e tried to use (log on) to downloads for remoal but once again page not avail. I am on my laptop here in the forum. Please Help !

Edited by The weatherman, 26 February 2009 - 08:08 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum~TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

Perfect Defender removal instructions: Perfect Defender removal instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...t-defender-2009
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jgmc2654

jgmc2654
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

I am not on the infected pc so I cant click on the link that was left for me in the prvious post. The reason I am not on that pc is because from that pc I have been unable to access the internet except for my yahoo homepage, but and if I try I allways get redirected

#4 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Well then, if you have a flash drive, I would suggest doing this:

Download MBAM *MalwareBytes Anti-Malware^

Place the INSTALLER in your flash drive.
Place Flash Drive on infected computer.
Install MBAM on that computer.
Install latest definitions.
Run Quick/Thorough Scan
Delete/Quarantine Files.

And you should be good to go.

If you don't have a Flash Drive, find some sort of a Removable Media Storage Device.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#5 jgmc2654

jgmc2654
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

What Next ? Ok, I have downloaded the anti-maleware program to my laptop from the link provided in the post from usasma. I then inserted a flashdrive into my lap and xfered the download to the flashdrive, then inserted the flashdrive into the home pc and xfered? the download to the home pc. The reason I question this is that even though there is an icon saved to my desktop when I doubleclick it which is supposed to initialize the download nothing happens. I have closed all ? programs and the screenshot I am viewing is of my desktop and in the lower bar nothing as far as I know is open or running. I saw in the removal instructions a reference to 04-HKLM\..\RUN:[Perfect Defender 2009]"C:\Program Files\Perfect Defender 2009\pdfndr.exe" What is this ? Could it be something that may be causing the anti-maleware program not to start and run (initialize) ? And if so, where do I look for and find it ? And what should I do about it? Not that it matters now I did find out that it was one of my friends using my home pc that downloaded the "Bleeping Defender" and started this whole mess ! She was just trying to help out ! LOL Thanks for your help so far !

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

I'm not a First Responder in this forum, so take my advice with a grain of salt until a First Responder does show up.

First, read the pinned topics at the top of the AM I INFECTED forum - they'll give you an idea on how to start.

Next, try booting into Safe Mode with Networking to run the Malware Bytes AntiMalware program. To do this, repeatedly tap F8 just before the Windows splash screen shows up during booting. Once in Safe Mode with Networking , try to run the program. It may be that the malware is interfering with the program - and running in Safe Mode may disable enough of the malware that the program may be able to run.

If it still doesn't run, sit tight and wait for a First Responder to contact you - one will be along soon.

Edited by usasma, 03 March 2009 - 10:55 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 harrythook

harrythook

• Security Colleague
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hey jgmc2654,
If that will not work, we will move this to another forum and I will help you out :thumbsup:

Harry

Veni Vidi Vici
THE FIGHT AGAINST MALWARE

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 jgmc2654

jgmc2654
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

First let me thank everyone who has tried to help me with this issue. John your suggestion though a very good one did not work. Last night after I logged my previous post I was able to get some local advice from an person experianced with "perfect defender 2009" and at her suggestion I did just what you had suggested and the results were as follows. When I tried to run maleware bytes I had to right click the icon, choose run, then a window opened saying something was missing can't run program or something like that. Still in safe mode I went to start up programs viewed and unchecked the perfect defender program and and 1 more program that after research said that program is often seen with p d 2009. I then tried to restart and now it just gets to a windows screenshot and states windows is starting up.After 30 min I unplugeed the pc 2 min tried to restart with basicly the same results. Harry if you want to move to another forum just let me know how to and when.

#9 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?

If not have you tried safe mode with command prompt?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#10 jgmc2654

jgmc2654
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Yes I can reboot in safe mode (F8) I don't know what you mean "command prompt"

#11 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Here's the forum where you post a special log for the HJT team

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

This is where you read the preperations
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users