Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You are subscribed to this thread Unable to rate your computer, and network icon animation not working?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Today, something happened to my Vista install, which prevented me from rating my computer, and prevented the network icon in the notification area from flashing.

I did the following:

sfc /scannow to check for corrupted files and missing ones.

I got the server execution failed, and did the following.

net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add to see if it was a persmissions error.

I then got the following: No such Interface Supported so I did the following:

DHTML Editing Control for Applications Redistributable Package (x86)

And low and behold I can now rate my computer, and my network icon in the notification area works.

This is for Windows Vista and possibly Windows 7.

Edited by cryptodan, 26 February 2009 - 03:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users