Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open any programs, says restricted by system administrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maki20123

maki20123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

This morning, I was able to log in fine, but when I tried to run Firefox, I got a message that said the System Admin restricted access. This happened to most programs (I haven't tried them all). The start menu became completely reconfigured, now showing in an older style and displaying no shutdown buttons. I am able to access all files and was able to copy and paste my personal ones to a flash drive in case I need to reformat. I have Vista Personal Edition (i think). Does this look like anything you've seen before?

Jake

PS.

Running Norton Anti Virus (came with computer)
Logs said that it blocked a few Trojans last night and they picked three up on scans I started this morning.
Also blocked incoming traffic to unused ports (complete logs to come)

EDIT:

Firewall blocked connections at 69.121.43.27 @ port 26418
Programs accessing internet during remote connection attempts:

C:\Windows\HelpPane.exe
C:\Windows\System32\wermgr.exe

Trojan info:

Auto Protect

C:\Users\Jake\Appdata\local\temp\arcf8b4\ca.exe

Could not pull info on Trojans detected by the scan

Edited by maki20123, 26 February 2009 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

ask the adminastrator if they messed with your acount

#3 maki20123

maki20123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

I am the admin, but thanks for replying. Turns out that my hard drive went faulty along this path, and HP is shipping me a new one. This should take care of the problem. Luckily it was under warranty, or I would have to pay for a $50 charge for calling them, 500GB hard drive, and Vista Home.

Correct me if I'm completely misinformed, if the hard drive goes, then the problem goes? It can't reside anywhere else (Besides removable media?)

Jake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users