Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

How do I found my temporary internet files and stuff like that, and where everything is being downloaded into??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

If your on xp then your temporary internet folder is located here

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Note that in xp your temporary internet folder is hidden so you have to choose to display hidden files and folders this is done by open my computer then tools / folder options / view tab and then enable display hidden files and folders apply and exit.

When you say where is everything being downloaded to what do you mean. When I start a download i'm asked where I want to save it to I then choose my desktop so that I can loctae it easily to scan with my antivirus program. You could check in C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files to see if they are here.

#3 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

for the temporary internet folder I did what you said but there is still nothing there.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>View Files.

How to see hidden files in Windows

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users