Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice Needed for managing shared e-mails

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi everyone. I am administering an Exchange mail server, with numerous clients connected via Outlook 2007, and could use some advice or suggestions regarding solutions to a particular problem.

We have an e-mail address that customers can use to submit special requests. We currently direct these e-mails to a shared folder so everyone in the sales department can view the messages. Because these e-mails do not come through regularly, we are trying to find a way for users to be notified when new messages are received. It is important that these notifications go to everyone in the department so that if a user is out the notifications won't be missed by others. Is there any solution within Exchange/Outlook that would let us do this?

Rules do not seem to work with messages in shared folders, so I can't set it up on each employee's computer to monitor the folder. If I send the messages to a single user's mailbox, if that user is out sick nobody else would know about incoming messages, and noone would be able to view messages if they needed to refer back.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users