Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Resolution Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seanselleck

seanselleck

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

I booted up my computer today and found that it had automatically changed its resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels. It was previously about 1400 x 900 (wide-screen). Going into display setting does nothing since the 1024 x 768 settings is now the maximum it can go. I tried reinstalling some of the drivers that came with the computer but nothing has worked. My computer does not have an internet connection. This is the second time it has changed something by itself, now I don't have the option to make it hibernate. Is my computer turning on me? Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:14 AM

You need to go somewhere that has internet and download the latest drivers for your video card. If you have a nice one (Nvidia or ATI), you can go directly to their sites. If not go to your computers manufactures site and get the drivers there. Also look into drivers for your monitor and install those.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

I've had this problem multiple times. What happens is that you ran a Full-Screen program or object that has a different resolution. What I have found to work is that I unplugged the wire from the Monitor to the PC, turn off the computer, and then restart it. If it hasn't returned to the natural state, go into the Display settings and hopefully it will be there...

If not, i'd do what gavin suggested. Download latest drivers.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 seanselleck

seanselleck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

I tried installing the new drivers from the internet but they did change anything. I also tried the restarting method that Swordie mentioned but nothing happened there either. One thing I did try was to hook up my computer up to a different screen. When I did that, I was able to change the resolution to the maximum that the new screen allowed, which was 1280 x 1024. This is more then I could do on my other screen which is at least a 1400 x 900 screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users