Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Checking your computer specs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

How do you check like the computer specs like for example: Posted Image because i really want to know but dont know how

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Well, what OS do you use? You can find most by doing this:

Start > Control Panel > System or System and Maintenance > System Information

As for the Anti-Virus and other stuff, those are usually found in Program files, but you should know these.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

SIW should answer most of your questions, and then some.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

I think you are asking how the information displayed on bleepingcomputer.com for every user is derived.

Answer: The user has to type in the information himself. You have to login, then goto My Controls, and edit your profile. Everyone then can see the specs of your computer. (The location can be easily calculated from the ip address.) If you have not set this profile, then most of the fields display "No Information".

I hope I answered your question.

Edited by Romeo29, 26 February 2009 - 02:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users