Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD install problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 formula1

formula1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

i have an ASUS A8N32-SLIn DELUXE motherboard. i,m trying to install a 750GB SATA HD as a second HD.. I am not installing it in a RAID array, just as 2 seperate HD,s...After i hook it up,i get the POST,,checked the bios and it is recognized...then when i exit out of setup it will not boot into windows...restart normally and same thing..just keeps booting up to post screen then "no signal",,,then repeats...if i un-hook the new HD,,all works normally and can get into windowsXP...i had 2 HD,s installed before and they worked fine till one crashed...
can,t figure out what is going on?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

It may seem like it shouldn't make a difference but, assuning you have the OS hard drive cable plugged in to the #1 SATA port try the second HD in SATA port # 3 .
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 formula1

formula1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

i,ll give that a try.... also i have my original HD to boot after the floppy drive in the boot sequence... just seems like it wants to read the new HD for the OS and nothing happens.....
thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

What are the current boot option preferences in the BIOS?

Are you sure that you don't have RAID established in the BIOS?

Louis

#5 formula1

formula1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

YEAH!!! you were RIGHT!!
i installed silicon image sata controller software about a week ago after i ordered the HD..i was going to set up an RAID array but changed my mind
forgot about this software .... on the set-up screen raid was dis-abled but silicon image sata was on "auto".
when i dis-abled that , everything is as it should be.
thanks for jogging my mind...i forgot about that software

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users