Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Tunes!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rsmith12573

rsmith12573

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

I was curious, what do the folks at bleepingcomputer.com listen to while they read the forums and help people with thier computer troubles?

I listen to my Trance Radio channel on Pandora Radio. It's soothing, but upbeat. :thumbsup:

I always listen to Trance while working. It's my 'office' music. :flowers:
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't!

"There is no place like 127.0.0.1" from MVPS HOSTS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

My favorites are rock, hard rock, metal, but I listen to many different genres. Lately I've been listening to A Perfect Circle and Tool. I also found this unknown band (not on wikipedia or youtube) called officer roseland, and they were actually paying people $1 to download their album. I downloaded it and chose the option to just donate the dollar, but I think the music is pretty good. It's more of punk rock though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

All sorts of music; mostly R&B and Soul.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Acoustic guitar God Leo Kottke and whatever else plays after that on Pandora
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

None - the wife won't let me! She did this after I listened to the XMas video of the house lights for a week and a half straight! :thumbsup:

Edited by usasma, 25 February 2009 - 08:03 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

The Roches, the McGarrigles, Adele, Duffy, Michelle Peyroux, Shawn Colvin, Tracy Chapman, and the folksier Rick Springfield. Not into power pop, really. Bruce Hornsby.

What I should be listening to, when my pc crashes around my ears: whispering waterfalls, gentle rain, susurrating cichlids.

I find, at these times, that I hear instead An Amerinerd in Windows and a Rhapsody in Java:

Beep, beep, boop.

Grr, grrr, grind.

Click, click, click.

Click, click, click.

Click, click, click.

:thumbsup:

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 26 February 2009 - 12:16 AM.

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Here recently, nothing (Music crashes windows, go figure). When I was able to Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Country, and some Rap.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Head banging heavy metal music is certainly the most appropriate soundtrack to pcs and laptops crashing, BlackSpyder! :thumbsup:

#9 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Few tunes here except old rock and blues from the 50's and early 60's.

Mostly news radio from WABC NY.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#10 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

I use "Slacker free radio"..that way i can set it up to only listen to the artist's and songs i wanna hear,whatever i'm in the mood for......Country,mellow, 70's rock,southern rock.whatever :thumbsup:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#11 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

I am mostly listening to modern altenative. I enjoy alot of the music my kids listen to. Korn, ShineDown, Evanascence, AX7, Papa Roach, Coheed and Cambria, Disturbed.. I like it loud ;)

But if I am feeling mellow I listen to my Bruce Springsteen, or I really am liking the 70's oldies lately. I like a lot of different stuff.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#12 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

MissPlaced: SlackerFree Radio sounds great!

Pandy: you are a lot more open-minded (or should I say "open-eared") than are most parents.

All we need now is QueenEvie. She knows a lot of songs.

#13 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion MissPlaced, nice site. Listening the the Grateful Dead as we speak
Time to break out the tie-dyed T-bleeps and some Boones Farm
I like some of the stuff my kids listen to. Nickleback Seether, NIN
I use to drive my girls crazy. I'd pick them up from school in the spring when it was nice out and all of the windows were opened. I'd park underneath the classroom window and crank up the William Tell Overture or some Beethoven of Bach :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#14 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Boones Farm, Garmanma? That goes pretty far to explain the state of your head in your avatar! :thumbsup:

#15 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

Fuzzywuzzy6 and garmanma, I'm glad your enjoyin "Slacker"
garmanma, i like your style(well except for the "Boones Farm thange" that stuffs just plain nasty :thumbsup: )

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users