Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

networking problem between XP MCE and PRO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcwf25496

kcwf25496

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

this has probably been asked before on here but I'm in a pretty big rush so I needed to go ahead and post this... also please excuse me as I do not have alot of experience with networking, just some general knowledge.

I have two computers in question here. I have multiple computers on a network but only two are in question right now. I just replaced an older computer that was on the network with a new computer (xp pro). did SP3 and all possible updates from microsoft. I have another computer in the same room (xp media center edition) I need to be able to access files between these computers. I know the basic routine and got everything set up, or so I thought. Long story short, I can see the MCE computer from the Pro computer and access the files just fine. On the MCE computer, I can SEE the shared pro computer but when I try to access it, it keeps telling me that the path is wrong, or cannot be accessed or whatever the case. I have done everything I can possibly think of and can not get the MCE computer to view the pro computer. I can view all other computers on the network just fine, or atleast the few that I have tried. I don't *need* to access those other computers from that computer, but I made sure of it anyways. I can provide all the little details if necessary, I just skipped all that for the time being incase a quick answer popped up in anyone's head.

Please help, and thanks in advance

KF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

Try to disable your shares on the XP computer and re-enable them. Then install the Netbios Protocol to your LAN network connection.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users