Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I change the path of file?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have a program called TweakUI which used to reside in Start Menu/All Programs. I couldn't find it there so used Google Desktop and it in Windows\System32. No idea how or why it got there. Can I move it out of there or is there a way I can get it back in the Start Menu?

"Music expresses that which cannot be said
and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CreeDo

CreeDo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

yup, open up your system32 folder (you might have to tell windows to enable viewing the contents of that folder, I think it hides everything in there by default).

Find the tweakui program and right click on it. Without releasing right click, drag it to the start button, and the start menu comes up. Drag it now into program files and release the right button. You should get a menu and you'll want to choose "create shortcut here".

I think also that they designed tweakui to work as a control panel extension so it always appears in your control panel. Check there.

#3 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

Thanks. Done. Not in the control panel. Thought when you rt clicked something you didn't have to hold the button down...that the supposed beauty of rt click.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said
and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

TweakUI is a tiny program from Microsoft (size 146 KB). You can always download it from Microsoft website and re-install it. After re-install it will create shortcuts as usual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users