Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clean install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

sorry about this i seem to have fixed my problem.
if this post could be deleted i would be greatful!!!
thanx
kenny

Edited by keny111111, 25 February 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello.

It won't be removed but it would be beneficial to other members if they have the same problem. If you don't mind could you let us know how you fixed it as I'm sure your response will benefit others if they have a similar issue later on :thumbsup:

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 keny111111

keny111111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

i was doing a clean install.. had problems with bootme disk. turns out pc i copied it from must not be able to write to floppy?? thats my guess.
anyway copied bootme from another pc and worked out OK!!!
now have another small problem...missing some dll files.. i can copy to floppy. put in other pc it asks what program to open with????
any advice on replacing missing dll files????
thanx
kenny
Have A Great Day

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:13 AM

Please write which DLL are missing and what program you are trying to run when this error comes.
If you have done clean install, I presume Windows is not showing missing DLL error.

#5 keny111111

keny111111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

hello Romeo29

when i first turn on pc. everything loads fine desktop comes up with " ERROR STARTING PROGRAM a required.DLL file,C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRTDLL.DLL was not found"... dont know what program that is. when i hit print screen try to open paint. net meeting opens up. :thumbsup: dont know if its related? when i was doing install kept getting prompts that certain DLL files couldnt be found. the only way to keep installing was to skip that file. (about 10 in all) i figured i could add them later.but now im reading more info may not be possible ??? any info is appriciated ...

THANX

kenny
Have A Great Day

#6 keny111111

keny111111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

hello everybody :thumbsup:

i was able to add dll files in win98se.. start>program>accessories>System tools>system information.. click on tools drop down box click on system file checker. 2 options.. 1st scan for altered files.. does a scan if you have bad or corrupt files you have option to fix from install disc.. option 2nd Extract a file from install disc (or a selected area) witch i chose A:\ and a dll file witch i copied to a floppy from a known good source. ihope this helps someone in the future..

thanx
kenny :flowers:
Have A Great Day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users