Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music Browser!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

Hi Whom Ever Can Help Me with This One,

My ISP is SBCYahoo and I'm usually quit content with their programing and Tech support. However, I'm having one conundrum with them on their Music Browser. Their Music Programing is generally great as far as selection and offering an incredible choosing setup system. But I'm having one problem with their RATING right on the video page that's driving me bonkers. They have this elaborate Rating system so that it will play just the music that you want to listen to. It's great and I've spent a lot of time rating videos, over a 1400 only to have the music browser not display the ratings that I've done and I don't know if it's using the ratings to chose songs or not. Sometimes now that it doesn't display the ratings I'm not sure it's using the ratings that I made. The ratings are there. When I check the pages where they are recorded they are there but they aren't displaying on the music web browser. I've contacted SBC through email and phone a number of times. That's what makes it so frustrating. They say that they don't have any tech support for it and refer you to their help pages which are useless. Very annoying that they do not service this. Extremely annoying actually sense I can't see it being that big of a deal if someone knew what they were doing. I've done everything that I can think of short of reinstalling windows. I've reinstalled SBC's stuff a number of times but nothing seems to work to reestablish the link between the records of the ratings and the video viewing page that displays the ratings. Also it will not keep any ratings that I add. Now this is for the "Artist" ratings. The "Song" ratings still display. If any of this makes sense Please, Please do respond if you can help. How to get the Artist Ratings to display on the Music Video Web Browser? Thank you.

Sincerely,

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

About the only suggestion I can offer is to check your browser settings for the page to assure you have enabled all cockies and allow all activeX programs to run.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users