Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Appear to have been keylogged

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dawmdt

dawmdt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi all,

Last night it appears somebody logged into my gmail account and used information found in there to compromise another account of mine on the game World of Warcraft.

I'm not bothered as such about the WoW account as it's easily recoverable. I'm more worried about how my gmail etc accounts became compromised and whether my machine is clean. I have both Eset Smart Security and Spybot S&D running all the time and they didn't pick up on anything.

I've since run a scan with both SAS and Malwarebytes and they picked up a few tracking cookies and a couple of other items. SAS reported a Vundo/MS-Fake in what appeared to be a valid DirectX9 dll file - this has been quarantened although my browser etc has not shown any symptoms of a Vundo infection. MWB picked up a Hijackthis startmenu registry key which I've also quarantened. I am currently running SDFix.

My concern is that so far I've not found anything that could have caused this...?

What would people suggest as my next steps? I have more than one PC (including this one I am typing this post on - I've scanned with both SAS and MWB and was completely clean) so I'm slowly making my way through them all to find the cause but thus far I've found nothing which is more worrying than something! Should I post my logs up on the Hijack this forum (I'm going to run Hijack this next).

TIA,

D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users