Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Needing to connect two LCD monitors to my laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 happydude

happydude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

I have a Compaq v6000 laptop that I want to hook-up two LCD monitors. Will a VGA Y splitter do the job? This is an example of one:
VGA Splitter link

Compaq v6000 review
Link

Thank you for looking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ClePto

ClePto

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

VGA splitter will work but you need to take a couple things into account.

VGA splitter "sometimes" degrade the signal and I have seen them not work properly.
Your external LCDs will be clones of each other.

If you wanted a triple monitor setup with your laptop and the two externals to each have their seperate displays you would have to look at something like this here.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/\

Let me know what you think.

#3 happydude

happydude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

Wow! Thanks for the heads up on the Matrox option. I will definitely look into it. If purchased I will update this post.
Cheers!

#4 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

See my reply in this thread
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1157723

Might be something you can use.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users