Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bomba65

bomba65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

Greetings, I'm new to this forum so bear with me.First off, the desktop is frozen, nothing comes up when you click on an icon or anything in the starup menu.I have gone thru the virus scan with Panda which found nothing.Scanned with SpyHuinter which found alot of infections but no fix.Downloaded Malware Virus removal tool which also found infections
and still no fix.Tried Smitfraudfix, but does not operate in Safe Mode.Previous to all this I had downloaded a Security patch from Microsoft.Uninstalled it last night- computer ran fine for a few minutes and froze again.HELP!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

If you were cleared as being free of malware by PP...I guess I don't understand what you were attempting by installing any of those programs you mentioned (other than Microsoft security updates).

A system can freeze for any number of reasons...the most obvious (IMO) being overheating or inadequate ventilation of the system.

Cleaning A Laptop Computer - http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/usingyour...cleanlaptop.htm

Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/

System manufacturer and model?

Is the system current with critical updates installed?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users