Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook express

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

this is error I have when i try to send a email, I looked at all settings in outlook seem ok, any clues

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.mail.wowway.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.wowway.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

From what I have read, this problem is caused by your ISP blocking any E-mail server but their own for outgoing E-mails. From checking in different places on the Internet, this problem seems to be able to be resolved by:
1. Change the outgoing mail server field to SMTP.YourISP.Net/Com. Check your ISP for the precise server name.
2. Change the outgoing mail user name, password to the one you use for your ISP.
3. Uncheck "My server requires authenticion" and then change the settings to enter your ISP's username and password there.

Hope this solves the problem, but if not let us know.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Thankyou for reply, tried all that no luck, I also tried to ping smtp.mail.wowway.com and it lost all any clue

#4 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

Ok i found this old email and had this page attached said was from root

This message is auto-generated by the WideOpenWest mail server which has detected that your PC has a virus. PC viruses can be very dangerous to your own PC as well as someone else’s system if the virus is attaches itself to an email. A PC virus can send repetitive emails thru our network that can slow down your connection.

At WideOpenWest our goal is to provide all customers with the best network performance possible. To prevent a disaster from happening, your email account is being disabled until you can scan your PC and remove its virus. For your convenience you can scan your PC online from your www.wideopenwest.com portal page. Just click on the link that says "Remove Viruses from your PC Online" or you can use or obtain your own Anti-virus software such as Norton and McAfee.

Once you feel your virus has been safely removed from your PC you can call WOW Central Customer Care at 1-866-4WOW-NOW and we will gladly unlock your email account.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. Of course if you have any questions, please call WOW Central Customer Care at 1-866-4WOW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users