Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

too tired

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hissyfit21

Hissyfit21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

I'm Hissyfit, far past 21, closer to 60 in reality. I found this place by surfing for information on the dang-blasted stupid, idiotic about:blank garbage. Right now, I am beyond tired, very headachy and cranky to the point that I am about ready to throw this computer out the window.

Sorry, I know it's not polite to join a group in a bad mood, but I am at the end of my rope long about now. Please be patient with me, I will get better, I promise. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,723 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:06 PM

About:Blank can be tenacious. Why not take a read here and then submit a HijackThis log as described here.

Edited by ddeerrff, 04 June 2005 - 09:06 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

You are probably cranky from trying to get rid of it without any support or help. Our great team of volunteers will review your HiJackThis! log and work with you to get rid of spyware and adware you may have on your hard drive.
And then you will not be tired, cranky, or in a bad mood.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

I am sorry you are having such trouble with the about:blank BLEEP.

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer Hissyfit21. I am sure you will be able to find the help you need here. There will be no more need for a hissyfit once you get your puter all better. LOL I like that name LOL. Hmm been a long time since I last threw a hissy fit myself. lol

:flowers:

Edited by Pandy, 04 June 2005 - 09:37 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Hissyfit21

Hissyfit21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:14 AM

Thank you all very much. It's at the point that I can't even use anything but firefox browser now. I have a tech coming over this morning to take a look see also, but you all can believe that this will be a new home for me.

Right now, I am not in a condition to where I can do anything with it and I don't want to damage it further. But I DO feel much better than last night! Thanks to you all!

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:43 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! Hissyfit21.
Yes trying to remove spyware can make one weak, and tired. Yes I've been there, we all have. In fact I didn't learn of spyware until my father told me about Spybot which he heard on the local radio station.
Hope you get About:Blank removed.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users