Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Safe Boot from CD ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cctenpro

cctenpro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

Ok, my other computer will boot to the screen where you can choose startup options like being able to choose the boot device and it will also f8 to being able to choose safe mode etc. but wont go to safe mode, it will only reboot over and over, do you know of a program that can be burned to a cd that will automatically boot me into safe mode? Any help in this direction will be greatly appreciated. thanks I hope this is the best place for this question,,,

Edited by garmanma, 25 February 2009 - 08:20 AM.
move to appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hello.

Not able to boot into Safe Mode seems like a malware infection. See if this helps you fix the Safe Mode problem, then you might want to start a topic in the Am I Infected forum to make sure you are free of malware. Regarding the CD, I am not sure there is a CD that can boot into Safe Mode for you. Even if there is, the process is probably the same and you will be geting reboots over and over again.

Download and run Safe Boot Key Repair

We need to repair Safe Mode
  • Please download Safe Boot Key Repair and save it to your desktop.
  • Run Posted Image by double clicking on it or Right-click on it and click Open
  • Copy and paste the resultant log here in your next reply.
Let me know how it goes.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users