Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When I install IE7, Windows explorer doesnt work.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Recently, Ive had to reformat my computer after a massive virus took over my computer. And now Ive been trying to return all the programs that ive had on previously.

Internet Explorer 7 was my favourite web browser, dont ask me why I just like its design, so I tried to put it on again. And so everytime I install Internet Explorer 7, and then reboot the computer (as it says to do) when I log back into my account, Only the background appears And a message appears telling me that windows explorer needs to shut down. And whence I Uninstall IE7, All is good.

Im running on XPSP2. And I installed Internet Explorer 7 directly off the microsoft website. And Currently Im using Internet Explorer 5.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

It is suggested that you reboot twice after installing IE7. There is a good article on trouble shooting IE7, you can find it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 nukie

nukie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

Thats for the website, if there is something I dont get I'll give a shout... The rebooting thing didnt work either..

#4 newgirl2

newgirl2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Is there some reason you have to use IE7 ? You said you just like the look.
There are better browsers such as Firefox, that don't have the inherent problems that IE has.

I personally have IE 7, I tried IE 8, but didn't like it. I too currently have problems with IE so using Yahoo Browser. About to install Firefox on this laptop. I have it on desktop.

Also, your running SP 2...is there a reason you haven't upgraded to SP3 ?

You also, need to look for some of the threads that reference similar problems
and the most rceent Hotfixes (Patches) for very recent IE vulnerabilities.

IE is experiencing alot of redirect problems right now and Java Scripting problems (there is a thread for that as well).

What was the serious virus you said you recovered from?

#5 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

Personally, I don't think you should be using IE7 cause it's causing most of the vulerabilities in Windows OS's... Only thing to tell you is to try to re-dl it or use Firefox/Safari/Opera.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#6 nukie

nukie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

Is there some reason you have to use IE7 ? You said you just like the look.
There are better browsers such as Firefox, that don't have the inherent problems that IE has.

I personally have IE 7, I tried IE 8, but didn't like it. I too currently have problems with IE so using Yahoo Browser. About to install Firefox on this laptop. I have it on desktop.

Also, your running SP 2...is there a reason you haven't upgraded to SP3 ?

You also, need to look for some of the threads that reference similar problems
and the most rceent Hotfixes (Patches) for very recent IE vulnerabilities.

IE is experiencing alot of redirect problems right now and Java Scripting problems (there is a thread for that as well).

What was the serious virus you said you recovered from?

The reason I need IE7, firstly is because I do prefer it over firefox (please dont come kill me), But secondly I need to be able to use it so fluently that I rememeber all the shortcuts and such for my IT class.

And about SP3... I actually didnt know they had made a new service pack until very recently. Are they any new befefits from it? Cause I'll proabably get that anyways.

The virus that i had was that I couldnt access any anti virus websites or the microsoft website. And apparently My computer was giving off spam, and my internet provider said I needed to either pay a proffessional IT guy to come and check my comp, or I could reformat my comp. I took the latter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users