Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purple tint of DEATH! Could this be my vid card?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Novah

Novah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

G'day all,

My name is Novah and I have just recently built my computer after old faithfull burst into flames.

Video card - ATI Radeon 9200, 128MB DDR
Board - QDI Kudoz kt600 chipset
CPU - AMD XP 3400+

Now... 9 times out of 10, when I turn my computer on, everything has a purple haze. Sometimes the tint is blue, green or yellow... but usually purple. Could this be the video card?

Sometimes the color is normal.
But it's driving me insane.
And I like this emoticon, so I'm gonna use it. :thumbsup:

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

Have you tried fiddleing with the monitor settings? Has your monitor been bumped around lately?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

Make sure the video card is fully inserted in it's socket and the the cable from the monitor is fully plugged in.

If you have access to a different monitor, that would narrow down the possibilities.

Edited by ddeerrff, 04 June 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

Check in the end of the monitor cable that there are no broken or bent pins (some pins are missing - that is normal).

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

If you can then check with another monitor. If the same problem then it would be your video card if not then your monitor.

How old is your monitor as I would probably suspect this first myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users