Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequency out of Range Message

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 graceinneed

graceinneed

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hello,

I have a used Emachine, with Windows vista, computer I brought from somebody. I have hooked it up it worked fine yesterday, but today when I turn it on. windows come up and instantly it turns black with a rectangle message saying FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE. I have no idea what that means. Any key that I hit does nothing. I have tried control, alt, delete and nothing. In order to turn off the computer I have to manually press the off button on the computer. I am able to start it up in safe mode, but I don't know what to do fix it.

If anybody knows what this means please let me know what it means and how to fix it.

Thank you so much.

Grace in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

Usually this message means that the refresh rate is set too high, but it could also be the video chip/card.

What model is this emachine?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

It's W3507 (I think that is the model number) When it was new is had windows xp but it has been rebuilt and now is has vista. Somebody said something about the resulution, my kids (ages 3 & 5) were messing with the computer do you think they may have adjusted something to make this happen?

Thanks,
Grace

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Check and see what the refresh rate is, right click on a empty spot on you desktop, click on Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor. Your refresh rate should be 60Hertz.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

Okay, so I was unable to right click on the black screen with the message but I started it up in safe mode and when I go to the Monitor tab screen, refresh rate only has the option of (use monitor default setting.

However, when I started up the computer I came to the screen that says press f1 to continue or f2. On that screen it says: Memory frequency for DDR2 522 Dual Channel Mode Enabled. Do you think that has anything to do with the propblem?

Thanks

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

Memory frequency and monitor/display/video frequency are 2 different things - the memory frequency is not related to your problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Okay so there were hundreds of errors, warning and information notices.

Mostly the errors were the same and said this:
The network list service depends on the network location awareness service which faild to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group faild to start

I did get some that said this:
Unable to initialize the security package kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number

And I saw some that said this:
CRT invalid display type

I am thinking that last one might be telling us something. Please advise on what to do next.

Thanks

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

What we need is the numeric code found in the Event column.

#10 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

Sorry,

Code for CRT message is 45062
code for network list service message is 7001
code for unable to initialize the security is 15016
I also saw many messages for code 10005 it said
DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

thanks

#11 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

Sorry to be a pain, but does anybody know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks

Grace

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Try this download.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1664

#13 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

I can only start up the computer in safe mode and it doesn't allow me to access the internet.

#14 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

I can only start up the computer in safe mode and it doesn't allow me to access the internet.

There should be a "Safe mode with Networking".. Do you press F8 or wait to the Black Screen?
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#15 graceinneed

graceinneed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

The black screen comes up and I have to choose which safe mode. I managed to get online and download the ATI Catalyst 7.6. After I downloaded it at the very end it had an error message it by so fast that I could tell what it said. When I go into my propgrams and select Catalyst and click on any of it a message comes up saying: No ATI graphics dr5iver is installed. or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware.

So I am not quite sure where to go from here. I downloaded it twice but nothing happens. I think that my kids might be to blame for the problem just before the just before the Frequency out of range message started happening I caught them hitting all the keys on the keyboard. Is it possible that they just changed the display setting for something?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users