Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some vids on youtube don't work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SharonDuquette

SharonDuquette

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Okay, I know there have been a lot of people who have asked/said this already but I've done everything I can, and tried everything I could listed in the answers of the same questions.

Some videos on youtube work, and then others don't. They show black, but the sound is heard but no video. Sometimes the video will lag and then stop, and then go to another part and freeze/stop and I have no idea why it is doing this.

On IE and Firefox I have cleared the history and cookies, and that didn't help. I got the latest Adobe and I have Java and t still sometimes doesn't work and I'm getting upset. I really want to watch videos but they are just not working. On AOL, I'm not sure how to clear 'cookies' and history.

Also, I'm not sure what Cache is and how to clear it but I want to figure that out. Please, can someone help me! I want to watch videos and nothing is helping it work!

P.S. My brother thinks that maybe I need some kind of codec pack or something.

Thanks to any information!! =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

Please try this:

Right click on any video and click Settings. Uncheck the box next to "Enable Hardware Acceleration"
This is the main reason why videos lag, because Adobe Flash tells the computer to allow the remaining free memory on the video card to be used. Most of the time, if there is not enough video memory, then the Flash will request more video memory but get denied. This data gets fired back and causes the video to do what's called "Over-buffer"
:thumbsup:

#3 SharonDuquette

SharonDuquette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

I did exactly what you said and it still didn't work. =/ It might be my comp, I'm not sure. But I try a lot of things and they don't work. But thanks for helping!

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

It seems as though you may have an infection! :thumbsup:

Please navigate to HERE, read the Preparation Guide and start a new topic requesting help.

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

Were you able to get this problem solved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users