Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aargh dreaded red x's are back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hi, for some unknown reason I've started getting a lot of red x's instead of pictures while surfing around, is there some setting I need to tweak somewhere or what?
Thanks, I'm Win XPHome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Microsoft has a lot of information regarding this problem along with suggested resolutions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

This happens when you have disabled images in your browser, your firewall is blocking images(ad blocking) or images are coded in HTML but do not exist on web server. If it a browser based thing, simply check the website using another browser like Firefox or Opera. If images are being blocked by firewall, or a software for ad-blocking, or some browser plugins, you can change settings in your firewall or uninstall such software or plugins. If you think its only happening on a certain website, then it is a temporary problem. Also try cleaning internet cache using CCleaner tool.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

There are numerous possible causes and means of resolving them, this is why I didn't try to list them and only provided the link. There are more possibilities than what has been posted.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

Okay thanks guys, I was hoping for a quick fix but it looks like i'll have to wade through the Microsoft remedies..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users