Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big problem with my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kopey

kopey

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

Well, my computer decided to up and die on us and i dont know how to fix it so my mom bought a new one lol. But i'd like to fix and use the old one in my room. When i turn it on the colors completely messed up almost looks like its inverted. Then i log into my profile like i normally do and run adaware to figure out whats the matter before it freezes up and i have to shut it down manually and do it all over again. As soon as i run AdAware about 18 objects are found then the end program now screen appears and the whole computer shuts down... I've fixed many viruses and malware before like AntiVirusXP08 and another one i cant remember the name of so i have some experience with the instructions that you may give me.

Please help im so lost... :thumbsup:

Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Boot the computer in safe mode by pressing F8 continuously untill you see the menu for safe mode. And then try to scan the computer using your antivirus and antispyware tools. You may also use CCleaner to clean your computer's registry.

#3 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hi there!

Bleeping Computer does not recommend the use of Registry Cleaners:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic