Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unresponsive Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elgoat

Elgoat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

I got a second hand HP Pavillion a while back. I hooked up my hard drives and monitor to it and ditched my old computer. Everything worked fine for about 3 days. Then, I started it up, windows began to load, and then it froze. I reebooted, and the monitor refused to display anything. It turns on, but the light immediately changes to orange. The computer is obviously functional because I can hear the hard drives firing up. It's not like the motherboard is fried or anything. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly. I've tried 2 video cards in it, and neither of them works. I find it hard to beleive that my monitor just died, because it worked fine the night before. The only system changes I've made in the past few days was to change the power consumption to "Maximum Performance." Any advice you have would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

change the power consumption to "Maximum Performance."

-change it back.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 tbbjjbb7

tbbjjbb7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:17 PM

hi, ive came across that problem myself, what i ended up doing was check to make sure ur connection ribbon is on master, if that doesnt work try putting it on slave. also check ur jumper setting on hard drive. if only one hard drive running remember set at single. i hope this helps u. sometimes it has nothing to do with the video card but ur hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users