Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

when will it end...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: when do you think viruses wil end? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

none

1. 2009-2012 (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. 2013-2030 (1 votes [5.56%])

3. 2031-2090 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2091-2201 (1 votes [5.56%])

5. 2202-3000 (1 votes [5.56%])

6. 3001+ (tell when you think) (14 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

i personaly think it will end on 2201

Mod edit: Moved to a more appropriate forum ~ rigel

Edited by rigel, 24 February 2009 - 06:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

I'm not going to vote because I don't think they will ever entirely go away. I'm curious about why you chose your answer though?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

In order to define the word good, you've got to be able to define bad.
So, no matter what it's called, there'll still be issues with bad stuff for the rest of time.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

As long as there is evil in this world there will be viruses.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

In 2012, when the world ends, so too will viruses.

#6 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

:thumbsup: Rather cynical of you!

#7 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'm not going to vote because I don't think they will ever entirely go away. I'm curious about why you chose your answer though?

because theres soo many definitions for adware and there gonna run out soon. and i think when they will be full is when it hits 2201(if the world does not end by then)

#8 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Believe me, they'll think of something. And with everything new that comes out, there's always some kind of vulnerability that's there, regardless of what it is, to my understanding.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#9 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

I have to agree with Sterling and Amazing Andrew. (Although I did vote). As long as there are programs, there will be someone trying to screw them up. Until the end happens, which I don't believe is in 2012, but I don't think it's very far off either... :thumbsup:

Edited by Wildabeast, 25 February 2009 - 01:21 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#10 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

they will never end as long as computers are around, because there are always those idiots out there who just want to cause trouble out there crackin code, and I doubt everyone will give up windows anytime soon or that windows will ever be virus proof. and even mac these days has proven vulnerable. Linux so far has not, seems uber hard to do, but im sure some knucklehead will figure out how to ruin a good thing like that sooner or later.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#11 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:23 AM

I voted 3001+ because basically as Patriot said there will always be idiots on this planet and those who think they are good by writing these viruses, unless they come up with some invunerable firewall which still lets Internet Traffic pass through and even that is highly unlikely, I could never see Anti-Virus Software or Operating Systems being invunerable because of all the possible vunerabilities in the OS's and one Anti-Virus system is never fully effective because it might not be able to track all viruses on a system.

#12 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:06 AM

For some the world will end in 2012. For others it will be today. :thumbsup:

Edited by GTK48, 25 February 2009 - 06:06 AM.

#13 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

As the Internet grows and as it colonises more and more different parts of the common world, it will no doubt evolve into new and unforeseen directions that will eradicate the possibility of malware infections. Given the rate of change it would be impossible to predict the date that this will happen, but it WILL happen.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#14 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

Linux so far has not

nope lunix has a few, i think

and i totaly agree with you, person above me

Edited by tylerisdabest, 25 February 2009 - 11:07 AM.

#15 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

I personally (like others) don't think it will ever end, no matter what its created or written there will always be a vulnerability somewhere.

Even when the world is run by robots and we all just sit around all day doing nothing much, there will still be someone writing 'bad' code and there will be a way to 'upload' it into society :flowers: (for what of a technical choice of words :thumbsup: )
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users