Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'puter with Vista home premium shuts down and fan goes into overdrive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 texjm1

texjm1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

I have an HP pavilion a6130n with vista home premium on it. Since I bought it in 2007 it has randomly been shutting down on its own. Not sure if that is the right description or not because what actually happens is the monitor power button goes to yellow/orange as does the towers power button, the fan goes into overdrive. It is like it is in sleep mode but the keyboard cannot seem to pull it out of that state. The other thing I noticed is that the num lock, caps lock , and scroll lock are no longer lit up and they will not light up no matter what. I have checked all I can with HP support before my year was up and they were as useless as a screen door on a submarine. I am getting tired of this because then the only way to shut down the computer is to shut off my power strip and we all know that is not good for it. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

Hi there friend!

Check out this great troubleshooter and article on Sleep/Hibernate in Vista

I would recommend using Hibernation instead of Sleep!`

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users