Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shoulda

shoulda

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Im working on reviving a dead laptop running XP. The last thing user was doing was down loading a "crack/serial" file. Had been working properly until he downloaded files which he placed on desktop. Now boots, displays viewmgr error then goes to blue screen with the following error message:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

technical info: stop: 0x000000d1(0xe1cff000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xf1a8fcf6

How can I revive? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

STOP 0x000000D1, (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter2, Parameter4) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys.

"STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys" Error Message When You Try to Shut Down the Computer
To resolve this behavior, obtain the latest iTouch drivers or the latest version of the iTouch or Mouseware software from Logitech. Visit the following Logitech Web site: http://www.logitech.com

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 24 February 2009 - 03:09 PM.

#3 shoulda

shoulda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:53 AM

From above post guess I should add that computer freezes at blue screen have to reboot. Cant get past blue screen to add drivers or fix anything. What should I do?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

I think I'd slave the hard drive to another system...and run a series of malware scans.

Louis

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

I would recommend, on the contrary, to disconnect the mouse, and use something else, like the keyboard or a new/different mouse to do the controlling for now.

Please test this to see if it works, then please give me the results!

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

Crack/Serial number files contain programs that don't conform to the conventions that Windows uses. As such, troubleshooting the issue will be difficult.
Secondly, Crack/Serial number files are one of the most common sources of infections - as the malware authors rely upon greed to get you to install their stuff.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think I'd slave the hard drive to another system...and run a series of malware scans.

Louis

What is "slaving"?
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Drive is attached as a secondary hard drive...to a different system (with a reliable AV program and, hopefully, a couple of other malware programs.

The slaved drive can be scanned from the protected system.

Louis

#9 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

It is a good idea! Slaving is always recommended if the user cannot get their computer to start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users