Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer "stutters" after viewing internet videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yooptrooper

yooptrooper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

System: Dell Inspiron 600m laptop, Celeron M 1.4ghz, 1GB ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 videocard w/32mb memory

Been having a problem for the last few months. Have determined it is probably not
A: My internet connection (satellite, hardwired into modem), all tests check out fine so far
B: My RAM memory (as much as 60% free when problem is occurring)
C: Detectable spyware ( purchased and continually run AdvancedSystemCarePro)

I am beginning to think it is my video card, it acts as if there is something "hung up", maybe in the video ram, and is stealing resources, while the computer tries to continue to run and I get herky-jerky and delayedpage loading and display. I have updated as many drivers as I can find, updated windows, etc. etc... Haven't figured out how to clear the logjam, except to RESTART the system after viewing a couple of videos or visiting video-intensive websites. A visit to Infowars.com seems to create the problem every time. Undetectable government spyware, perhaps? Those phuqqers are watching us all, you know......
If it is my video memory, is there any way to allocate some physical RAM memory to video card? I suspect an upgrade is in order, but would like to at least identify the source of my problem before I drop beaucoup bucks on a new system.

Any help from youse egg-spurt computer fellas would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

In Internet Videos, you are using Adobe Flash, right?

If you right click the video and click settings. You can deselect "Enable Hardware Acceleration."

This is used for using your video card to its best ability. When too many video requests, or over-buffering happens...the video will skip. The video will run normally without that option checked!

Was this the information that you needed, friend?

#3 yooptrooper

yooptrooper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thanks, I was hoping it was going to be something ridiculously simple. I'll giver a go, see what happens. I suspect this will fix my issues, but I'll let ya know. You 'da man, Jay-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users