1. I open the Security Properties tab by right-clicking on the folder, clicking Properties, and clicking the tab labeled Security.
2. I click the Advanced button. The Advanced Security Settings window opens.
3. In the new window, I click the Owner tab.
4. I select the Administrators group by selecting Administrators (COMPUTERNAME\Administrators) in the list.
5. I tick Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
6. I click OK to dismiss the Advanced Security Settings window.
7. I click OK to dismiss the Properties window.
This grants me ownership of the folder for which I'm opening the properties window, but not the folders or files beneath it, which I would like as well. I can set the security properties on each object and subcontainer individually, but I would like to do it all at once.
First post BTW.
Edited by Joombaga, 24 February 2009 - 11:46 AM.