Welcome back to the BleepingComputer
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for assistance. Every one of our team members is a volunteer and unfortunately, there are often just not enough to keep up with demand. Thank you so much for your patience.If your issue has been resolved or you have received help elsewhere, please post a reply here and let us know so that we can close this thread.
If you still need assistance, my name is SpotCheckBilly (SCB for short) and I will be happy to help you.
===Very Important===The instructions in this thread have been specifically designed for THIS USER'S MACHINE ONLY . You should not use these instructions to clean your machine. Doing so could cause irreparable damage to your machine. If you need assistance, please start your own thread.
A few things which will make our fix go more smoothly.
- Please >> DO NOT<< run any scans/tools or other fixes unless I ask you to.
- Please DO NOT install any software while we are working.
- Please Do not skip any steps. With some infections skipping a step can be disastrous.
- If there is something you don't understand or or are unsure of -- please stop and take a moment to ask about it.
- If you are running P2P filesharing program(s). My recommendation is you uninstall it/them.
- Remove any cracked/pirated software. I will immediately stop helping you if I discover any.
The most important thing to remember is to be patient. Very seldom can we remove the entire infection in one go. Many of today's infections install other
infections and for the most part they do not
like to go quietly.
From this point forward, please do not attach files unless specifically requested to do so. Instead, copy/paste them directly into the reply. Makes for much better continuity and ease of tracking steps. >>DO NOT
<< run ComboFix again unless I ask you to. Thanks a lot.
First, Please print out these instructions since we will be working in "Safe Mode" and Internet connection will not be available.
by AndyManchesta from one of the following links and save it to your Desktop
.Link 1Link 2Link 3SDFix is updated regularly. If you have previously downloaded SDFix, >>please delete that copy<< before proceeding.
Double click SDFix.exe
and it will extract the files to %systemdrive% (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode
by doing the following :
***Very Important***If you are unable to boot into Safe Mode, DO NOT proceed with the rest of the step. STOP and let me know.
- Restart your computer.
- Contiunally tap F8 until a menu appears.
- Use your up/down arrow key to highlight Safe Mode.
- Hit enter.
- Choose your usual account.
- Open C.:\SDFix and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- SDFix will complete its task then prompt you to hit any key to Reboot.
- Hit any Key.
- Your computer will reboot.
- When the PC restarts the tool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished.
- Hit any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open and also save into the SDFix folder as C.:\SDFix\Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan (Full scan is optional. According to the program's creator Quick Scan will do just fine.).
- Click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
If Malware is found...
- Be sure that >>everything is checked<<, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
- Please save it to your desktop.
: Logs can be retrieved at a later date from the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware main screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
- Click the Logs tab.
- Double-click log-mm.dd.yyyy [xxxxxx].txt.
In your next reply, please include:
- The results from the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan.
- A fresh HijackThis log. -- SCB