Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lack of Volume

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:12 AM

The sound volume on my laptop has suddenly gone very quiet so that I can only just hear the audio.

I've checked the sound settings in Control Panel and they are all at maximum, I don't think its a hardware fault but perhaps something in the system config or registry needs tweeking.

Any ideas where else I should look to turn up the volume?
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:15 AM

have you tried going this route? Control panel,.. Sounds, Speech and Audio devices... Clicking on Sounds And Audio devices, and see what all the volumes are, the system and the speaker volumes.

As for tweaking there really isnt any tweaking to get your Audio to go any higher. It all has to do with hardware.

Did you blow a speaker? There will be a fiant crackiling sound. You can get an external sound card that will bump up your sound like this one

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-102-172&depa=0

#3 Supermart57

Supermart57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

Oh dear

I'd tried all the Control Panel actions before I originally posted, I thought there might be something in the registry I could alter.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:13 AM

Sorry to say there is no reg edit for audio to make it lowder!! As above it is all in the hardware. Might be able to update a driver but thats about it.
Also you can try to uninstall your sound card and reboot and reinstall it! Might help

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:38 AM

Hey I had this problem too! Ok what laptop model and name brand are you using let me do some research............I got mine fixed!

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 17 August 2004 - 10:46 AM.

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:42 AM

cows he wants his to go louder! Than what it usually goes! as in a reg tweak!

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

He said that it suddenly got slack...........right?
Quote"The sound volume on my laptop has suddenly gone very quiet so that I can only just hear the audio." So doesnt this mean he wants it fixed? Im not sure.......... Did I read it wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users